IFABS aims to promote excellence in the main fields of contemporary Banking and Finance research by:
• Providing a forum for discussion and critical analysis in addition to facilitating the networking efforts of academics, research students, policy makers, and practitioners with an interest in the contemporary issues in Banking and Finance.
• Encouraging and supporting high quality education on the research area, including continuing professional development.
• Sponsoring international gatherings that showcase the latest research.
• Funding professional seminars and roundtable meetings designed to establish a pathway between academic research and policy-making practice.
• Providing an ongoing series of seminars and workshops on current Banking and Finance issues.
• Sponsoring small research and travel grants.