Who we are
IFABS serves as a focal point of communication for its members residing in Europe and abroad.
The aim of the Society is to provide a professional society for academics and practitioners with an interest in in contemporary banking and finance research. IFABS provides a framework for better dissemination of information and exchange at the international level.
What we do
From its inception, the Society has been active in increasing its visibility in an international context by:
- attracting more than 1000 members which include researchers from academia, policy-makers and the financial industry in 60 countries;
- organizing 4 annual international conferences in Leicester, Crete, Rome and Valencia with distinguished keynote speakers and scientific committee members;
- having the support of a number of professional bodies
- attracting high-quality special issues in a number of journals including Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Productivity Analysis, European Journal of Operational Research , and International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance; and
- organizing special themed sessions, PhD and Young Researchers' Sessions with senior discussants and encouraging promising researchers with best paper awards.